HEARTLAND CHRISTIAN DAYCARE / PRESCHOOL
- A safe, secure, loving environment.
- Affordable tuition / daycare rates.
- Part time & full time enrollment.
- Daycare and Preschool for children ages 2 1/2 – 5 years.
- State payments accepted.
Heartland Christian Daycare/Preschool has been providing Christian education to children ages 2 1/2 – 5 years old since 1985. Heartland Christian Daycare/Preschool was originally incorporated as the Independent Christian Academy of the Northland (ICAN for short) and was located in Gladstone, MO. In the spring of 2005 the daycare/preschool moved to its current location on Prairie View Road just off I-29 and 64th Street in the Northland of Kansas City. In the summer of 2007, ICAN changed to its current name. The daycare/preschool is overseen by a Board which consists of members of the Heartland Church of Christ.
- Pre-reading and Writing
- Math Concepts
- Science Concepts
- Social Skill Building
- Fine Arts
- Bible Instruction
- Exploration Centers
- Language Experience
Our program is designed on the premise that a child’s development should include emotional, social, mental, physical, and spiritual stimulation in order to grow to his or her full potential.
Spiritual growth is nurtured by utilizing Biblical concepts and principles throughout the daily educational process.
We strive to maintain a creative and exciting environment that promotes curiosity, appreciation, goodwill toward others, and a positive approach to learning.
- To educate the heart of the child to love God, others and self.
- To provide an environment in which love can grow, develop, and mature.
- To enable each child to develop his/her best qualities in order reach their fullest potential
- To help the child appreciate beauty in nature and in our environment.
- To maintain an explorative environment that will enable the child to learn by experience.
- To develop a positive self-concept; understanding self as a unique and competent person.
- To help the child learn and accept limits necessary for health, safety, and the welfare of others.
- To provide an environment in which each child can refine the use of the five senses.